Tips & tricks for travelersJune 2, 2019
When we leave wherever we need, we need to remember about a few zlotys, which will help us reduce the risk of illness and travel safely:
- give yourself a moment to acclimatise (that is, getting used to the new environment),
- apply sun protection, preferably SPF 50, remember that the sun can strongly suck,
- follow the basic rules of hygiene, especially when eating and drinking (choose proven, safe places),
- use mosquito protection: repellents and mosquito nets,
- avoid contact with animals, many of them carry dangerous diseases for you,
- avoid traveling with vehicles that are old, pose a threat on the road, do not travel by car at night, do not create opportunities for robbers, use public transport,
- avoid situations that may expose you to sexually transmitted diseases (eg HIV), casual sex in many parts of the world can cost you a lot (it does not matter if it’s oral sex or any other), always use a condom,
- avoid swimming in uncertain water tanks, do not go barefoot,
- do not use hairdressing, cosmetics, tattoos and other treatments that break the continuity of your skin, any micro-change can be a source of dangerous diseases
- check where you have the nearest medical facility with proven quality and recommended by state institutions.
Remember to consult a travel medicine facility before traveling. It’s best to do it 6-8 weeks before the trip.